2023 Range Rover PHEV Electric Range
For model-year 2023, Land Rover has introduced comprehensively redesigned versions of the Range Rover and the Range Rover Sport—and both models are now available with the all-new P440e Plug-In Hybrid powertrain.
Although we’re still waiting on EPA estimates for the Range Rover PHEV and Range Rover Sport PHEV fuel economy, we already have final details on the electric driving range offered by both models—and the results are sure to shake up the industry. Both the Range Rover PHEV and the Range Rover Sport PHEV can drive for up to 48 miles on a single charge, without using any gasoline at all.
How Does the Range Rover PHEV Platform Compare?
There isn’t a single large luxury SUV that can match the all-electric driving range of the redesigned Range Rover and Range Rover Sport SUVs—and most so-called rivals don’t even come close. Although specs are subject to change from year-to-year, even a brief comparison can demonstrate exactly what we mean:
- 2023 Range Rover PHEV Electric Range: Up to 48 miles
- 2023 Range Rover Sport PHEV Electric Range: Up to 48 miles
- 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime Electric Range: Up to 42 miles
- 2022 Ford Escape Electric Range: Up to 37 miles
- 2022 Lexus NX450H+ Electric Range: Up to 37 miles
- 2022 BMW X5 xDrive45e Electric Range: Up to 30 miles
- 2022 Lincoln Corsair Electric Range: Up to 28 miles
- 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Electric Range: Up to 17 miles
Among the challengers, models like the Toyota RAV4 Prime and the Ford Escape come closest to beating the Range Rover PHEV electric range—but neither of these models can match a Land Rover where power, off-road capability, and luxury features are concerned. If you’re looking for a vehicle that can power your adventures throughout Jersey City and Fort Lee, you can’t overlook the latest Land Rover SUVs.
A Closer Look at the P440e Powertrain
The Plug-In Hybrid P440e powertrain is offered on the 2023 Range Rover SE trim level and on the 2023 Range Rover Sport Autobiography. Although final fuel economy specs may vary slightly between the two models, the basic elements of the powertrain design remain the same in either case:
- 3.0-Liter Turbocharged i6 Gas Engine paired with a 141-hp Electric Motor
- 31.8-kWh Battery Pack
- 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque
- 0 to 60 MPH in 5.7 seconds for Range Rover
- 0 to 60 MPH in 5.5 seconds for Range Rover Sport
Maximizing Electric Range on Your Union, NJ Drives
Most people are still getting familiar with the way that EV technology works, and a big part of that process is learning how to maximize EV range. “Range” refers to the distance that an EV can drive on a single charge, and fast-developing technology is pushing this figure higher every year. For instance, most EVs from a decade ago had a range of around 100 miles—while the most efficient EVs today can drive as far as 300 miles on a full charge!
All of that said, there are ways to make already-efficient EVs even more efficient. Whether you’re driving through an area with no charging stations for miles or there’s no time in your schedule to search Union, NJ for a place to charge up, these tips will help you get more out of your EV.
How to Maximize EV Range While Driving
- Stay at or near 60 mph, the most efficient speed for an electric car on the highway.
- Use your EV’s dedicated Eco Mode to restrict power use to the essentials.
- Brake and accelerate gently, and use your EV’s regenerative braking function when possible to recoup lost energy.
- Use the heat sparingly while on the road in Union.
- Avoid using the AC at lower speeds—but feel free to use it on the highway, where open windows will generate too much aerodynamic drag.
Other Ways to Maximize EV Range
- Plan efficient routes through Union, NJ with more long stretches of road and less traffic.
- When temps are low, pre-heat your car while it’s plugged into a power source.
- Keep your EV attached to the charger any time it’s in your garage to prevent charge loss.
- Time your charge so that your battery pack reaches full strength right before you hit the road.
Order Your Range Rover PHEV at Land Rover Englewood
Our dealership is easy to reach from anywhere near Englewood or New York City, and we can help you place an order for a new Land Rover today! If you’d like to learn more about Land Rover PHEV technology before you take the next steps, just know that we can help with that too!
More from Land Rover Englewood
The new Discovery for sale at Land Rover Englewood is not only a handsome and powerful vehicle, this Land Rover SUV also offers a spacious cabin with three rows of seating that will give everyone plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy the ride. Along with the impressive Discovery seating capacity, you’ll have access to…
Ready to upgrade your New York City commute with a premium luxury SUV? A new Range Rover Velar for sale at Land Rover Englewood may be the ideal choice. This sleek and sophisticated SUV delivers outstanding all-terrain performance and comes loaded with top shelf features that will add comfort, convenience, and connectivity to your driving experience. How much does…
The Range Rover Evoque is a modern SUV that can deliver powerful and efficient performance on and off Jersey City-area roads. How many miles per gallon does the Evoque get? The Range Rover Evoque mpg can reach up to 27 mpg on the highway. Learn more about the Range Rover Evoque gas mileage, the Evoque fuel…