2020 Range Rover Velar vs. 2020 Audi Q8
Can any other SUV really compete against a Land Rover? That’s the question on the mind of many Jersey City drivers, who may be tempted to pit the 2020 Range Rover Velar vs. Audi Q8. Although the Q8 is a capable rival, the Velar comes out on top with a stronger list of engines, more available cargo space, and features that will reinvigorate your daily drives.
21 mpg city, 27 mpg highway
17 mpg city, 22 mpg highway
542-hp 5.0 supercharged V8
Standard Four-Wheel Drive
Performance: Range Rover Velar vs. Audi Q8
Comparing the 2020 Range Rover Velar vs. Audi Q8, you’ll notice that the Audi only offers a single engine to Fort Lee and New York City drivers. Although it’s more powerful than the base engine in the Range Rover Velar, it’s markedly less efficient:
- Range Rover Velar Fuel Economy
- 21 mpg city, 27 mpg highway, 23 mpg combined
- Audi Q8 Fuel Economy
- 17 mpg city, 22 mpg highway, 19 mpg combined
The lightweight Range Rover Velar is the clear choice for efficiency-conscious drivers. However, if it’s power you’re after, you’ll definitely want to take a look at the Velar’s available upgrades:
- The base Velar is also available with a 340-hp 3.0-liter supercharged V6. It’s more powerful than the only Q8 engine, and it retains the advantage in efficiency.
- Upgrade with the Velar R-Dynamic HSE, and that supercharged engine delivers 380 hp instead.
- What about the range-topping Velar SVAutobiography? Its 5.0-liter supercharged V8 lets you enjoy up to 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque.
The Velar SUV’s engine lineup makes it a clear winner, but these powerful options aren’t the only reason that performance enthusiasts prefer the Land Rover to the Audi:
- At 4,217 pounds, the Velar is about 800 pounds lighter than the Q8. It’s also more aerodynamic, with a drag coefficient of just 0.32 (compared to 0.35 in the Q8).
- The Velar offers 8.4 inches or 9.9 inches of ground clearance, depending on the trim you select. The Q8 only 5.8 inches of the same, so you shouldn’t stray from the pavement.
- The Q8 offers standard all-wheel drive, but the Velar counters with standard Land Rover four-wheel drive. AWD works fine on pavement, but only 4WD can take you anywhere you want to go.
There you have it! Any driver comparing the Velar vs. Q8 will have a hard time passing over our model.
Capacities and Features: Range Rover Velar vs. Audi Q8
The Audi Q8 costs significantly more than the Range Rover Velar. In spite of this simple fact, it actually offers less for your Fort Lee and New York City adventures:
- Cargo Space: Although both SUVs are designed to seat five passengers comfortably, the Range Rover Velar can store more cargo with the rear seats folded. You’ll have access to 70.1 cubic feet, compared to 60.7 cubic feet in the Q8.
- Automatic Fold-Down Seats: The Range Rover Velar comes with collapsible rear seats that fold down with the press of a button. Although the Q8 seats can also fold down, you’ll have to move them manually.
- Safety Features: The Velar comes standard with a driver attention monitor and Blind Spot Monitoring. You’ll need to upgrade the Q8, paying even more to get the same features.
- Convenience: The Range Rover Velar offers available Parallel Park Assist, so it’s easier to take trips into the city or turn in for the night! You can’t access a similar feature in the Audi Q8. The Velar is also almost 8 inches shorter than the Q8, so it’s easier to find that perfect spot!
You know that our vehicles come well-equipped, but how well does the Velar compare against another Land Rover SUV? Compare the Velar vs. Range Rover Evoque today.
Find Your New Velar at Land Rover Englewood!
What are you waiting for? You’ve compared the 2020 Range Rover Velar vs. Audi Q8 in depth, and you’ve seen where the Land Rover SUV wins out! Take the next steps by checking out the Range Rover Velar color options and exploring our new Velar inventory today. Then, schedule a test drive you’re sure to remember on the roads near Fort Lee!