How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
You know that you need to find a buyer for your old vehicle, but how does selling your car to a dealership work, exactly? All you’ll really need to do is drive into our dealership with your title or your lender’s information—but there are additional steps you can take to maximize your return.
The trade-in process starts when you get your vehicle ready for sale and do some independent research on its value. When you’re ready to move forward, you can get an estimate online and visit our dealership for a final appraisal. You’ll receive a negotiable offer and decide where to go from there! Learn more about how to sell a car at a dealership, and upgrade your Jersey City drives today!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Are you ready to sell your Land Rover? Perhaps you currently drive another make! We buy all kinds of used cars from local drivers, and we’d love to purchase your old vehicle too. If you’re ready to offload your old vehicle, take these six steps to ensure that you get every penny your vehicle is worth:
- Clean and fix up your vehicle. Although you shouldn’t spend your money on major repairs, you can increase the likelihood of a good return by detailing your vehicle and fixing any dents or scratches. Collect any manuals or key fobs that came with your vehicle, so these can be passed on to a new owner.
- Show us what sets your vehicle apart. You should document your vehicle’s maintenance history and have a list of all its unique features! That’s especially true if you’ve modified or customized your vehicle in any way.
- Secure your title or your lender’s information. We can’t purchase a vehicle without a title, but that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck if you’re still paying off your loan. Just bring us the information that we’ll need to reach out to your lender. We can acquire the title from there.
- Do some research on your vehicle’s value. Independent sources like Kelley Blue Book can help you determine your vehicle’s true value, and when you’re ready for a concrete estimate that takes local Englewood market conditions into account, you can use our trade-in valuation tool online! If you seek out multiple estimates or offers, save all of them! They could come in handy when you schedule your final appraisal.
- Complete an In-Person Appraisal. As long as you’ve answered the required questions accurately, there shouldn’t be a big difference between your online appraisal and the results of your in-person inspection. To speed up the process, contact us in advance so we can have all of the paperwork ready.
- Consider your offer. Our offers are never contingent on whether or not you purchase a vehicle from our dealership, so you’re free to take cash for your used car or apply the value directly to another vehicle. Additionally, you’re free to negotiate at Land Rover Englewood. Be sure to come prepared with any research that you’ve completed in advance.
Remember: even if you purchased your last vehicle, you could choose to lease this time around! Compare buying vs. leasing with our team to make the right choice for your Fort Lee and New York City adventures.
Why Should You Sell Your Car to a Dealership?
- In many states, the taxes on your purchase are calculated after the value of your trade-in is deducted from the price of your new car. This is only true if you purchase from the same dealership where you traded in your vehicle, but it’s one of the advantages that no private buyer can match.
- The process of selling a vehicle privately can take weeks or even months. Selling your car to a dealership is a simple and straightforward process that can be completed in the space of a single afternoon.
- Companies that promise online trade-in appraisals are relying on guesswork, and they might try to give you a low-ball offer because they can’t really be sure of what your vehicle is worth. Since we look over every vehicle in person, we’re able to make our offers with more confidence—and that could mean more money in your pocket.
Sell Your Car to Land Rover Englewood!
Now that you know how to sell a car to a dealership, take a moment to calculate your monthly payments or apply for financing online! Our Englewood location is easy to reach from anywhere nearby, and we can’t wait to show you our selection of new and used vehicles.
More from Land Rover Englewood
The Range Rover is one of the most customizable large luxury SUVs on the market today! Choose from four Range Rover trim levels, two wheelbase options, and various seating options to custom-build an SUV that does everything you need it to do in Jersey City. If you’re ready to take the next step and explore your…
For model-year 2023, Land Rover has introduced comprehensively redesigned versions of the Range Rover and the Range Rover Sport—and both models are now available with the all-new P440e Plug-In Hybrid powertrain. Land Rover PHEV TechnologyHow Does the Federal Tax Credit for EVs Work? Although we’re still waiting on EPA estimates for the…
Selecting your favorite 2022 Range Rover Velar colors is one of the most exciting parts of choosing this new vehicle. After all, Land Rover provides buyers with more options than almost any other make! So, if you’re ready to make a distinct and lasting impression on Jersey City and Fort Lee roads, you’ve come to the…